Monday, July 1, 2013

See Jeni Run!

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to my new blog!  As a runner, I really enjoy reading other runners' blogs, and decided to take on the endeavour myself!  In this blog, I'll cover my training runs, running tips, running gear reviews....and of course, race reports!

A little bit about myself: first and foremost, I was not "born" a runner! I never liked it and never really envisioned myself "being a runner".  I didn't start running seriously until I was in my 30's...up until then, I'd run here or there but not on any type of regular basis.  It all started in 2010, when my sister-in-law and I walked a 5K together and made a pact that we'd run "JUST ONE" 5K together in 2011.  In May of 2011 I ran my first 5K in an old cotton t-shirt and cotton cropped sweatpants, and couldn't even run the whole thing...fast forward to today, where I own more running gear than "normal" clothing, and banging out a 5K run over part of my lunch break on my given day is no big deal!  To date, I have run twenty-three "official" 5K's, 3 half marathons, 1 full marathon, and a handful of races of other varied distances (8K, 12K, etc.)  Of course this does not include training runs, group runs with the local running store or our running club, etc.  I cross train with swimming in our pool (weather permitting, of course!) and once a week I take a Spin class at the rec center on the campus I work on.

My husband was a runner in high school and fell out of the habit until 2012; he was inspired by all the running I was doing at the time, and decided to take it up again.  He's built for running - tall and lean with super long legs!  Since then he's also done at least a dozen 5K's and 2 half marathons; he's currently training for full.  Last year he started our running club (SERC) and we are up to nearly 20 members.

In addition to running, I'm also a mom; we have two WONDERFUL children - both of whom also run! - and I work full time.  My plate is full, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Upcoming races that I'm registered for:
7/11/13: Ohio/Michigan 8K (Toledo, OH)
7/27/13: The BigTen Network 10K (Chicago, IL)
10/13/13: Towpath Full Marathon (Cleveland, OH)

I hope you join me on my journey through life as a running, working mom who is loving every minute of it!!

Jeni

No comments:

Post a Comment